Changes to the library include:
- Reimplemented serialization/deserialization mechanism using generic configuration objects (all available algorithms are now serializable).
- om_console accepts two new keywords "Output model" (file name to store the serialized model) and "Input model" (file name to load a serialized model instead of using "WKT format", "Species file", "Species" and "Map").
- New framework for test cases available (depends on the SWIG/Python interface).
- Moved normalization from the individual raster files to the "environment" object.
- Implemented Model and Algorithm separation (new interface called Model abstracts the portion of Algorithm used for evaluations).
- Implemented reference-counting smart pointers for all major objects.
- Fixed various problems with memory leaks and uninitialized values.
- Removed CSM Kaiser-Gutman from build.
- Removed SWIG/Java binding from build.
- Projected maps now have the mask extent and cell size of a specified "map format".
- Major restructuring of directories, file locations and file names.
Changes to the GUI include:
- Compatibility with the new library version.
- Models are automatically serialized (XML file).
- A new report is generated (and saved in HTML) after each modelling process.